Sheila's Motto

"Endeavor to enhance the lives of others through education and encouragement."

Friday, May 12, 2017

Poetry & Prose ~ "The Eyes of My Heart"



Mom, the eyes of my heart will forever see,
            Just how special your love will always be.
Throughout the years you were always there,
            With gentle smiles and many heartfelt prayers.

Unwavering in your unconditional love for everyone,
            Your embraced us in the warmth of your love.
When the storms and trials of life came our way,
            You always had words of wisdom for each new day.

You freely gave of yourself to give us a better life,
            Putting aside your own desires, making many a sacrifice.
You laughed with us through the joys we shared,
            And cried with us showing how much you cared.

Now that you've gone home to be with our Lord,
            I know that I will see you on Heaven’s shore.
You are with that great cloud of witnesses watching from Heaven above,
            Cheering us on in prayer, surrounding us with your love.
           
From the depths of my heart, I thank you once again,
            For being my mom and for being my friend.
For it is the eyes of my heart that will always see,
            Just how much your motherly love means to me.

From your loving daughter, forever.

       
Contributed by Lesta of Heartsong Treasures. 

Happy Reading in Poetry's Presence & Happy Mother's Day!

Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment