Sheila's Motto

"Endeavor to enhance the lives of others through education and encouragement."

Monday, April 10, 2017

Poetry & Prose - "The Light of Your Presence"



The Light of Your Presence and the Fire of Your Glory set my heart ablaze.
            Forever I will love you and for all eternity I will sing Your praise.
My spirit is refreshed in the Water of Life flowing from Your Throne.
            Gladness of heart and fullness of joy are found in You alone.

I will lift up my eyes unto the hills where my help comes from.
            You are the Rock upon which I stand and into Your Presence I run.
For You alone are my hiding place and I put my trust in You.
            You lift me up on Eagle’s wings and my strength is renewed.

When the storm clouds gather with waves crashing all about, 
            You are a very present help in trouble removing all fear and doubt.
Even in the midst of the raging seas and all hope seems to be gone,
            You fill my life with joyous laughter and my heart overflows with song.

Your refreshing Wind blows over me like a gentle breeze,
            Touching my heart with Your mercy, grace and peace.
 Your loving kindness breathes new life into my soul.
             The sweet Rain of Your Spirit revives me and makes me whole.

You fill me with Your song in the midnight hour and You are my living hope.
            You mean everything to me for You are my eternal home.
 Let Your Light shine through me as I learn to walk in your ways.
            Lord, let me live in the Light of Your Presence every single day.


Contributed by Lesta of Heartsong Treasures.  Used by permission.

Happy Reading in Poetry's Presence

         Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment