With our continued snowfall, slush, and cold temperatures, a hot comfort meal is such a welcome relief!
Here's my variation of Shepherd's Pie:
- 1 1b. ground beef
- 4 medium Idaho Russet potatoes or instant potatoes
- 1 - 16 oz. can kernel corn
- 1 cup beef bouillon
- Hot Hungarian Paprika
- Brown ground beef & add seasonings of your choice. I used Seasoned Pepper. Drain meat prior to placing it inside casserole or baking pan.
- While beef is browning, cook potatoes until tender. Mash them adding butter & milk.
- Place ground beef in bottom of casserole pan.
- Pour beef bouillon over ground beef.
- Spread corn over meat.
- Add mashed potatoes and sprinkle with Hot Hungarian Paprika.
- Cook for 45 minutes at 350 degrees, during which time the beef bouillon may bubble toward top of casserole or baking pan, so you have ready made gravy when the pie is removed from your oven.
- The Hot Hungarian Paprika adds a nice zest to the whole mixture.
Happy Dining as you stay warm & happy!