Sheila's Motto

"Endeavor to enhance the lives of others through education and encouragement."

Friday, June 17, 2016

Poetry & Prose ~~ "Dad, This One Is For You"


As I reminisce about the many cherished memories
I have of my dad when I was just a child,
Like sitting on his lap listening to his funny stories
Or his silly songs causing me to laugh and smile.

My dad was a kind-hearted and humble person
Who always seemed to understand,
When I would need a hug to enfold me
Or feel the strength of his caring hands.

Even though he was a man of very few words,
He would know the right things to say.
When doubts and fears assailed my mind,
He would say,"Don’t worry, everything will be okay."

When life would bring about turbulent times,
He faced them with calm assurance and laughter in his eyes.
He reminded me that each day held promises of hope
And would point to the double rainbow in the sky.

He had an ability to discern when it was time to share
His words of wisdom and offer ways to help.
He knew when the time had come for him to step aside
And let me stand on my own and do things myself.

With heartfelt thanks and gratitude,
And without a doubt, I want my family to know,
I am grateful for lessons of life he taught me,
And he will always be my hero.

For it was only when I started my own family
That I began to ponder and reflect,
What it meant to be a loving parent
Wanting to nurture, provide and protect.

Thank you, Dad, for showing me what it means
To live my life with honor and integrity.
Thank you for being an awesome father
And being the best dad one could possibly be.

Dad, This One Is For You.

Ephesians 6:2-3


Contributed by Lesta of Heartsong Treasures. 

        Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram          

No comments:

Post a Comment