- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. diced garlic
- 2 - 6 oz. cod fillets
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- salt, optional
- Saute garlic in olive oil.
- Sprinkle fillets with salt and pepper.
- Cook 2-3 minutes over medium heat.
- Pour one Tbsp. of the lime juice over fillets.
- Mix cumin and chili powder together and sprinkle 1/2 of mixture over fillets.
- Cook 3-4 minutes over medium heat.
- Flip fillets to other side and pour remaining lime juice over fillets.
- Sprinkle remaining cumin and chili powder mixture on top of fillets.
- Cook 2-3 minutes or until cod fillets flake easily.
- Serve over rice and with garnishes of your choice. I used sliced tomatoes, red bell pepper slices, and sliced hard boil eggs dusted with hot Hungarian paprika.
Sometimes it's a great adventure and lots of fun to experiment with new spice combinations when preparing your entree, especially fish!
Happy dining, and if you happen to try this recipe, please comment on my blog page and let me know how you liked it or what garnishes you used to complete your entree. Thank you.