- 3 cups fresh basil leaves
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- Dash of kosher salt, optional
- When selecting fresh basil, make sure to remove any seed pods which have formed in the very top of the plant
- Place basil leaves inside food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped
- Add the garlic, olive oil, and Parmesan Cheese
- Process until smooth
- Prepare noodles (I used spelt noodles, but spinach noodles would be delicious as well), and serve with Pesto
- Pesto is great on pizza crusts, slices of baguette bread or fresh tomatoes, crackers, mixed with sour cream to be used as a veggie dip, and on rolls the herbal river.
- Pesto can be frozen and eaten at a later date.
If you have other serving suggestions, I would like to hear from you! Please leave a comment. We enjoy hearing from our blog readers.
Happy Dining & Enjoy the herbs of summer!