Savoring the last of the tomato crop from another successful season of gardening, I decided to garnish one of my long standing casserole recipes which dishes up a most delightful combination. So, here goes:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown 1 pound of hamburger in skillet with one Tbsp. minced garlic, drain.
- Rinse and drain one 15. oz. can of red kidney beans in colander.
- Stir together in large bowl:
- Drained and rinsed red kidney beans
- Browned and drained hamburger and minced garlic
- one 15 oz. can of enchilada sauce (either mild or hot)
- one 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- one Tbsp. dehydrated minced onion
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup corn chips (I used the Chili Cheese Variety)
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. hot sauce (I used Cajun Sunshine)
- Pour mixture into a two quart casserole baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until mixture is bubbly.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese on top.
- Garnish with corn chips.
- Place mixture inside tortillas and garnish with sour cream, diced green onions, guacamole, & fresh lime slices.
- Serve as a regular entree with rice and/or corn.