- 1 - 15 oz. can Garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 - 15 oz. can Cannellini beans, drained
- 1/2 cup lowfat plain yogurt
- 1 tsp. hot sauce (I used Cajun Sunshine)
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. garlic pepper seasoning
- Balsamic vinegar
- Drain and thoroughly rinse beans in colander.
- Place beans in food processor.
- Add yogurt, lemon juice, hot sauce and garlic pepper seasoning.
- Puree until smooth.
- Place in serving dish.
- Drizzle with slight amount of balsamic vinegar.
- Serve with veggies, apple slices, pita bread, flat bread, chips, dill pickles, green olives, or other items of your choice.
- By adding a swirl of balsamic vinegar before serving, it seems to provide a tasty balance.
- On a personal note, the flavor of this hummus was more enhanced when eating it on apple and veggie slices.
- This is a great dish to serve at the start of an evening with family or friends as the 1/2 and 1/2 hummus seems to disappear much quicker than the normal variety.
- Give it a try, and let me know what you think!
Here's to happy dining & healthy eating!