Sheila's Motto

"Endeavor to enhance the lives of others through education and encouragement."

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Answers in Faith ~~ "Be still, and know that I am God"



BE STILL, AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD


Many years ago, I was walking to the barn to tend to the animals.  A light snow had fallen softly on the ground.  I looked down and found a small bird lying in the snow.  I picked it up wondering if it was injured or maybe just cold.  I held it in my hand and tenderly stroked the bird.  He stayed still in my hand as I gently stroked his head, his wings and his tiny body.  

I sensed a spiritual moment happening as I felt the gentle touch of the Holy Spirit tugging ever so slightly upon the strings of my heart.  It was as if time stood still, and I felt the awesome presence of the Lord.   Suddenly the bird came to life and flew away.

What had just happened?  The whisper of the Holy Spirit spoke softly to my heart.  “Be still and know that I am God.  Be still and let me pour my love upon you.  You are like that fleeting bird, and you flee away when I get close to you.   I want to touch you, warm your cold heart, and let you know that I am here. I will never leave you or forsake you. Take time to be still, and let me love you.”

Our Heavenly Father wants to touch us with His love. But we, like that bird, fly away because we think we are too busy with too many things to do, too many places to go, too many people to see, too many responsibilities on our plate, too many, too many……….

Let us learn to be still before God and let His love envelope us and fill us with His Presence.


Contributed by Ted and written by Lesta of Heartsong Treasures. 


"God is our refuge and strength,
A very present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear,
Even though the earth be removed,
And though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
Though its waters roar and be troubled,
Though the mountains shake with its swelling.

There is a river whose streams shall make glad the city of God,
The holy place of the tabernacle of the Most High.
God is in the midst of her, she shall not be moved; 
God shall help her, just at the break of dawn.
The nations raged, the kingdoms were moved;
He uttered His voice, the earth melted.

The Lord of hosts is with us;
The God of Jacob is our refuge.   Selah.

Come, behold the works of the Lord,
Who has made desolations in the earth.
He makes wars to cease to the end of the earth;
He breaks the bow and cuts the spear in two;
He burns the chariot in the fire.

Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth!

The Lord of hosts is with us;
The God of Jacob is our refuge."  Selah

Psalm 46, NKJV

Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram   

No comments:

Post a Comment