- 4 ounces flaked crab meat
- 4 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 4 eggs
- 1 - 4 oz. can diced mild green chilies
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt, optional
- 1/2 tsp. powdered mustard
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Dash Hot Hungarian Paprika
- Spray a 9 inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl combine the crab meat, cheese, and onions.
- Press the mixture over the bottom and up sides of sprayed pie plate.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, diced green chilies, salt, mustard, and cayenne pepper.
- Pour over crab mixture.
- Sprinkle with Hot Hungarian Paprika.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.
HELPFUL SUGGESTIONS &/OR SUBSTITUTES:
- You can use either fresh crab meat or imitation crab.
- Egg whites can be substituted for regular eggs.
- Any variety of cheese can be added.
- Shelled and deveined shrimp may be substituted for the crab.
- Evaporated skimmed milk can be used instead of the regular canned milk.
- This is a meal that can be served for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner.
- You could use a bottom crust for the recipe if you so desired. Baking time would be increased to approximately one hour at 350 degrees. Insert a knife into center of quiche. If it comes out clean, the quiche is thoroughly cooked.
- A variety of condiments, garnishes and/or veggies could be served with it.
Here's to healthy eating and happy dining!