Sheila's Motto

"Endeavor to enhance the lives of others through education and encouragement."

Friday, May 6, 2016

Poetry & Prose ~~ "A Mother's Love"





Mom, your inner beauty flows from deep within
Like the sweet fragrance of a delicate rose,
Gracing our lives with your compassion and love,
As you share your wisdom with all you know.

Your laughter and the twinkle in your eyes,
Always produce a smile upon my face.
Your hugs remind me of the warmth of God’s love,
And the tenderness found in His loving embrace.

You constantly give of yourself in so many ways,
And through the years made many sacrifices for me.
You bring to life the desires residing in my heart,
 And believe in me so I can fulfill my destiny.

I appreciate all the wisdom and insights that you have,
And I thank you for the support you have shown.
You taught me many lessons by your example,
By putting everyone else's needs before your own.

Through the storms of life and upon the raging seas,
You spoke words of faith and hope calming all my fears.
Even when the prickly thorns appeared at my side,
The healing touch of your hand wiped away all my tears.

You have faced the challenges that came your way,
With courage and a never give up attitude.
You taught me to be grateful for all the blessings,
Giving praise to the Lord with heartfelt gratitude.

I cannot adequately express the love I have for you,
As simple words of thank you are not nearly enough.
I pray God's blessings and favor be upon you,
Please never doubt you will always have my love.

Contributed by Lesta of Heartsong Treasures

Happy Reading in Poetry's Presence

Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram      



No comments:

Post a Comment