- 6 slices of bread, cubed with crusts removed
- 1 pound of sausage, browned and well drained
- 9 beaten eggs
- 3 cups milk (or 1 1/2 cups each of milk and half & half)
- 1/2 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 3 Tbsp. dehydrated onion
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. salt, optional
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Cajun Sunshine or hot sauce of your choice
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Place bread cubes in the bottom of a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish
- Sprinkle browned sausage evenly over the bread cubes
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs well. Add the milk (or milk and half & half) and all other ingredients. Mix well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate over night.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle paprika over the top.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean
- Serves 12.
This is a great recipe to prepare for the holidays or when you are having out of town company pay you a visit.
Serve with fresh fruit and breakfast rolls.
Happy Breakfasting or Brunching!