Sheila's Motto

"Endeavor to enhance the lives of others through education and encouragement."

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Real Women ~ Real Answers: Celebrating the BIG SIX-ZERO!




           This year will be a really big one for me.  I turn 60.  The big six-zero.  The decade of Social Security and Medicare.  The age of new aches and pains.  I’m not depressed or upset about turning 60. I’ve accepted the fact that I’m now an older woman.  I feel blessed to have lived so long and so well. 
At 60, I can see life’s cycle more clearly.  I was once a girl who watched my mother and grandmother.  Then I was a mother who watched my daughter and my mother.  Now I’m a grandmother who watches my daughter and my grandchildren.  It’s a beautiful system that been going on since the beginning of time.



        

          Although the calendar says I’m 60, it’s not how I feel.  In my mind’s eye, I’m the age my mother should be and my daughter is the age I should be.  Somewhere across the last decade or so, I’ve become an older woman—on the outside at least.  I still feel young on the inside, like I always have.
           In Titus 2, Paul says the “aged women” should teach the younger women to be good wives and mothers.  I know I’m an older woman, but am I already an aged one?  My how time flies!  So I’ll do as I’m expected and pass on wisdom to young women. 
 Since the wisdom of the Preacher is greater than mine, I encourage all young women to read Proverbs 31:10-31 and consider those words. Be a virtuous woman.  Be a woman who puts in the work and effort to make a good life for yourself and your family.  Be a woman who values inward beauty. Let your works and love for your family reveal your inward beauty.  Outward beauty is passing, but inward beauty lasts a lifetime, and I’m glad of that.  My “pretty days” are behind me, but I continue to try to grow more beautiful on the inside.  The real me is living inside this aging shell, unseen by eyes, but seen in my works. The next time you see an elderly woman, remember she’s only old on the outside.  Inside is a beautiful young girl wondering where time went.




          Contributed by Author C.S. Kjar who lives with her long-time first husband in their empty nest. Since retiring from her technical writer/editor job, she and her husband travel quite a bit which gives her time to dream and imagine new stories and worlds.  Her novels fall somewhere between the women's fiction and Christian fiction genres.  Written without obscenities or detailed sex scenes, her stories weave romance, mystery, and suspense in different places and times.  She also writes an occasional children's book. When not writing or daydreaming, she loves to quilt, sew, and read to her grandsons.

          Check out her books The Treasure of Adonis and The Five Grannies Go To The Ball which are available on Amazon.com, and drop in and read her blog at http://cskjar.com/blog.

Happy Reading, and Happy Birthday, Carol!

Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram

            

No comments:

Post a Comment