So is the Chickpea or Garbanzo Bean actually a bean, a pea, or a fruit? All I know is that it is beyond delicious and does not come from a chicken! J
Sheila’s Humdinger Hummus
- 2 – 15 oz. cans Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans)
- 2 - heaping Tbsp. minced garlic
- 3 - Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 - Tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 – tsp. cumin
- ¼ cup water
- 2 – tsp. freshly ground kosher salt, optional
- 2 – Tbsp. hot sauce (I prefer Cajun Sunshine)
- Dust with Hot Hungarian Paprika
- Rinse Chickpeas in colander.
- Place all ingredients except paprika inside food processor and blend until smooth.
This scrumptious concoction can be spread on crackers, pizza dough, bread, or veggies. It can also be added to salads, hamburger patties, or thinned into a sauce to use when preparing other dishes such as hummus and spaghetti noodles.
Question: What other suggestions do you have for ways in which to prepare or serve hummus? I would enjoy hearing from you.
Happy Reading & Eating!