Sheila's Motto

"Endeavor to enhance the lives of others through education and encouragement."

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Sweet & Savory Thursday: Humdinger Hummus



So is the Chickpea or Garbanzo Bean actually a bean, a pea, or a fruit?  All I know is that it is beyond delicious and does not come from a chicken!  J

               




Sheila’s Humdinger Hummus

  • 2 – 15 oz. cans Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans)
  • 2 -  heaping Tbsp. minced garlic
  • 3 -  Tbsp. olive oil
  • 2 -  Tbsp. lemon juice
  • 3 –  tsp. cumin
  • ¼   cup water
  • 2 – tsp. freshly ground kosher salt, optional
  • 2 – Tbsp. hot sauce (I prefer Cajun Sunshine)
  • Dust with Hot Hungarian Paprika


Directions:
  • Rinse Chickpeas in colander.
  • Place all ingredients except paprika inside food processor and blend until smooth.















This scrumptious concoction can be spread on crackers, pizza dough, bread, or veggies.  It can also be added to salads, hamburger patties, or thinned into a sauce to use when preparing other dishes such as hummus and spaghetti noodles.

Question:  What other suggestions do you have for ways in which to prepare or serve hummus? I would enjoy hearing from you.

Happy Reading & Eating!

Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram





2 comments:

  1. I had hummus for the first time this year and loved it. I am anxious to try making my own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds very good. I like to spread hummus on my sandwiches.

    ReplyDelete