BREAKFAST IN A PINT JAR
- 1/2 cup uncooked rolled oats - non instant variety
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 and 1/2 tsp. chia seeds
- cut up fruit of your choice such as 5 prunes
- additional 1/4 cup fruit such as blueberries
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 3/4 cup water OR 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Stir the oatmeal, cinnamon, and chia seeds together in bottom of jar.
- Layer the remainder of the ingredients in pint jar in above-listed order.
- Stir all ingredients inside jar before placing in refrigerator in order to get the olive oil thoroughly mixed into the other ingredients.
- Refrigerate overnight.
HELPFUL HINTS & SUGGESTIONS:
- The chia seeds will expand a little bit during the refrigeration process.
- You won't be able to taste the olive oil when eating this oatmeal concoction.
- It is usually the perfect consistency when you open the jar the next morning and prepare to eat your breakfast.
- The oatmeal does its magic inside the pint jar overnight in the refrigerator as it absorbs either the milk or the water.
The above picture reflects what the refrigerated mixture looks like the next morning when you prepare to enjoy your breakfast!
This recipe is taken from the official Sheila Fabulous Collection.
Happy Reading & Healthy Eating!