This is one of the best coffee cake recipes of all time!
- 1 cup butter softened to room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt, optional
- Cream butter and sugar together in mixing bowl for 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Add eggs, one at a time and beat well.
- Fold in sour cream and vanilla.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to above mixture, and beat until well blended. Mixture should be satiny and smooth at this point.
- Pour 1/2 mixture into well greased and floured bundt pan.
Mix together the following ingredients and spread evenly in bundt pan.
- 4 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
Spoon remaining 1/2 of batter into pan and spread evenly across top.
Cook 1 hour @ 350 degrees. Insert toothpick into center of cake to make certain it is fully cooked throughout.
After removing from oven, cool on rack for 20 minutes.
Remove from pan, invert onto rack, and allow to cool to room temperature.
Store in air tight container.
Happy Reading & Eating!