Sheila's Motto

"Endeavor to enhance the lives of others through education and encouragement."

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Poetry & Prose ~~ "Always The More"


As I reflect upon the countless blessings
            That You have showered down on me,
I am thankful for each and every one of them,
            Even for those blessings I cannot see.           

For unconditional love that flows from Your heart,
            For the breath of life You breathe into me,
For the gift of salvation and words of eternal life,
            For the gift of grace and mercy in a time of need.

For the gift of forgiveness that is freely given,
            For the unspeakable joy that floods my soul,
For the peace that calms the raging storm,
            For the gift of healing that makes me whole.

For Your light that shines in the darkest of nights,
            For the gift of faith and hope when all else fails.
For the song of deliverance when I am afraid,
            For the freedom I have to worship You above all                             else.

For Your gift of redemption, my soul is redeemed.
            For your Presence in my life that You are here.
For Your promise that You have overcome the world,
            And Your words to us to be of good cheer.

For the gift of my family, loved ones and friends,
            There are not enough words to adequately express,
For the many ways You have shown me Your love,
            And that through them my life is truly blessed.
           
For You alone are the One I worship and praise,
            You are the One I am living for.
For You, oh Lord, are a God Who is never-the-less,
            For You are a God Who is always-the-more.


Contributed by Lesta of Heartsong Treasures.

Happy Reading in Poetry's Presence.

Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram    

No comments:

Post a Comment