'Tis the season for delicious soups and stews. This one is sure to warm you from head to toe!
- 2 cups pinto beans (I soak 2 cups of dry pinto beans overnight with 1 tsp. baking soda and water. Drain in colander before placing inside crock pot, stock pot, or sauce pan.)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. garlic, diced
- 1 cup boiled, diced bratwurst or smoked sausage (place sausage in medium saucepan and simmer gently for about 15 minutes which helps to remove some of the excess calories.)
- 2 tsp. Chipotle Chile Pepper
- 1 tsp. ground kosher salt, optional
- 1 - 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 - 15 oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
- Add water to achieve desired consistency
- This recipe can be prepared in a stock pot or saucepan on top of the stove or in a crock pot.
- If using a crock pot, cook on high level for approximately 6 hours to assure that beans are thoroughly cooked.
- Serve with bread or rolls.
- Diced potatoes can also be added to the recipe, if desired.
- Bake a pan of diced green chile cornbread and serve with this delicious soup.
- Cooked rice is also a tasty accompaniment.
Soup's on, so enjoy!