Here's another full guest table entree pleaser for your holiday meal planning which will serve a dozen people, if need be.
INGREDIENTS & INSTRUCTIONS FOR STEP 1:
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp. diced garlic
- Olive oil
- Garlic Pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- Saute garlic in olive oil until tender.
- Lightly brown chicken breasts on both sides, sprinkling with Garlic Pepper during process.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on both sides.
- Let chicken rest and cool for 10 minutes.
- Cut into bite size pieces.
INGREDIENTS & INSTRUCTIONS FOR STEP 2:
- 2 cans Cream of Celery Soup
- Milk or water
- 1 Tbsp. diced garlic
- 1 small jar diced Pimentos
- 2 Tbsp. hot sauce (I used Cajun Sunsine)
- 2 small cans sliced water chestnuts
- Garlic Herb bread crumbs or flavor of your choice
- 2 cups shredded Sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups dried Penne pasta noodles, cooked according to package directions, and thoroughly drained
- In a mixing bowl, thoroughly mix the soup with 2 soup cans of milk or water, whatever you choose to use.
- Add the garlic, hot sauce, pimentos, and water chestnuts.
- Stir until combined.
ASSEMBLY & COOKING INSTRUCTIONS:
- Place one-half of cooked chicken into bottom of greased 9 x 13 baking pan. (I prefer to use a glass pan for this recipe).
- Add one half of cooked Penne pasta noodles
- Pour one half of soup mixture over top.
- Sprinkle one cup of Cheddar cheese on top.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs over mixture.
- Repeat above steps.
- Place sheet of aluminum foil lightly over entree, but do not fold foil down onto the sides of the baking pan. This will prevent noodles from drying out during the initial baking stage.
- Bake for 35-35 minutes in 350 degree oven.
- Remove foil for the last 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with bread, rolls, or crackers.
- A garden salad is a nice accompaniment.
- Consider pairing this recipe with a little cup of soup. My Broccoli Cheddar Soup would be a great suggestion. Stay tuned as I plan on floating out this recipe later in the month.
Bravo to all of my fellow cooks and chefs out there in Holiday Land. Cook on! Your friends, family, and comrades will love you all the more.