Are you looking for some great ideas of what to do with that leftover turkey from holiday meals? Well, here is one answer for you! This turkey pot pie is sure to please your dinner guests.
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 can cut green beans, drained
- 3 cups cooked turkey, diced
- 2 cups cooked rice (I used long grain brown rice)
- 1 cup mayo (or yogurt if you desire less calories)
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 small can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp. freshly ground salt, optional
- 1 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- a few drops hot sauce (I prefer to use Cajun Sunshine)
- two pie crusts for a 9-10 inch pie plate (you can make your own or purchase those pre-fab jobs in the refrigerator section of your local grocery store)
- Saute onions and peppers in olive oil.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except 1 cup of the cheddar cheese and mix thoroughly.
- Place bottom pie crust in pie plate.
- Spoon turkey mixture into pie plate.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 cup of cheddar cheese on top.
- Place top pie crust over cheese and make 4-5 slits in crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 1 hour or until top crust is golden brown.
HELPFUL HINTS & SERVING SUGGESTIONS: