Sheila's Motto

"Endeavor to enhance the lives of others through education and encouragement."

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Sweet & Savory ~~ Spearmint Tea




There's nothing quite like a cup of hot tea on a snowy winter day!  It warms your body, soul, mind and spirit.

I grew the spearmint plant during the summer and fall months in one of my wooden backyard planters, trimming it before the first frost.




Secondly, I tied the bundle of leaves with a piece of string and suspended it from an old shower curtain until the leaves were completely dried.

I was in for a real surprise when I prepared my first cup of tea by placing a few of the dried leaves inside a tea strainer and poured hot water over the top. This yielded a far more intense flavor than making tea from the dried leaves inside a tea bag which I had purchased several months prior thereto. 

This whole exercise has given me some great planting ideas for the spring of 2017.  What variety of tea should I try next?

Stay warm, and enjoy!

Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment