Enchiladas are a great entree any night of the week! Suffice it to say, there are umpteen recipes with variations of fillings. Since I prefer one with more of a creamy or moist filling, here's my latest creation that I would like to share with you. So, here goes ~~
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 - 4 oz. can diced mild green chilies
- 1 - 4 oz. can sliced black olives
- 1 - tsp. cumin
- 1 - 10.5 oz. can Fat Free Cream of Chicken soup
- 1 1/2 cups grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 - 15.5 oz. cans mild, medium, or hot enchilada sauce, whichever you prefer
- Corn tortillas (I prefer the Don Pancho Golden Blend Brand)
- In a medium bowl, thoroughly mix the chicken, chilies, olives, cumin, soup, and 1 cup of the Cheddar cheese.
- In a medium sized frying or saute pan, warm one can of the Enchilada sauce.
- Thoroughly coat each of the tortillas with the Enchilada sauce.
- Fill each tortilla with filling, roll up, and place seam side down in a lightly greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Combine one can of Enchilada sauce with the remaining sauce in the frying pan and pour over enchiladas placed inside 9 x 13 pan.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 300 degrees for 30 minutes or thoroughly heated.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of Cheddar cheese.
- Return dish to oven until cheese has melted.
- Serve with salsa, diced green onions, sour cream, guacamole, additional Cheddar cheese or variety of cheeses of your choice.
Please give this recipe a try and let me know how you like it. Also, please feel free to share variations of your enchilada recipes. I am beyond confident blog readers all around the globe will benefit.
Happy cooking & dining!