Do you have kiddos or grandkiddos who like to bake? If so, this is a real easy recipe for them to try. Grab those aprons, and bake on!
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Dash of salt, optional
- 1 cup chunk style or plain peanut butter
- 1 pkg. any brand of yellow cake mix (I used Pillsbury)
- Place water, eggs, vanilla, salt, peanut butter, and 1/2 pkg. of cake mix inside a large bowl.
- Mix with mixer or spoon until well blended.
- Fold in remaining half of cake mix until thoroughly blended.
- Roll dough into shapes the size of walnuts and place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Dip fork in flour and flatten the dough by making a criss-cross pattern on the top of each cookie.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- The cookies will set up a little bit after you remove them from the oven, so don't overbake them.
- Cool cookies on a cooling rack.
- Yields approximately 3-4 dozen cookies.
- If the kiddos or grandkiddos would enjoy making peanut butter and jelly cookies, do not make criss-cross pattern in the dough. Dip a teaspoon in flour and make a depression in the ball of dough. Fill with approximately 1/2 tsp. of your favorite jam or jelly.
- Serve with milk, juice, or hot chocolate.
- If you have a relative or neighbor who can no longer bake, share a few with them!
Happy Baking & Enjoy!